NK-T ( Natural Killer T ) คือรูปแบบใหม่ของภูมิคุ้มกันบำบัด ซึ่งเป็นการทำงานร่วมกันของ NK ( National Killer Cell และ T-Cell ซึ่งมีคุณสมบัติในการค้นหาและทำลายเซลล์มะเร็งได้อย่างมีประสิทธิภาพ การใช้ NKT Cells นั้นจะทำงานเหมือนยามุ่งเป้าเพื่อทำลาย Target ที่ได้ถูกโปรแกรมไว้และยังสามารถทำให้ NK Cells เพิ่มจำนวนในร่างกายได้เป็นจำนวนมากรวมถึงเสริม Granule ของ Nk Cells ในร่างกายให้สมบูรณ์มากขึ้นอีกด้วย การใช้ NKT Cells จึงใช้ในจำนวนที่น้อยกว่าและเห็นผลเร็วกว่าเมื่อเทียบกันการใช้ NK Cells เพียงลำพัง สำหรับผู้ที่สนใจใน NKT Cells และภูมิคุ้มกันบำบัดสามารถนัดหมายเพื่อปรึกษาแพทย์ได้ทันที
Natural Killer T-Cells
NKT (natural killer T) cell therapy is a relatively new form of immunotherapy that is being explored for its potential to treat various types of cancer and other diseases. While more research is needed to fully understand the potential benefits of NKT cell therapy, some conditions that may benefit from this treatment approach include:
· Solid tumors: NKT cells have been shown to be effective at targeting and killing solid tumor cells in preclinical studies. Therefore, NKT cell therapy may be particularly useful for the treatment of cancers such as lung, liver, pancreatic, and breast cancers.
· Blood cancers: NKT cells have also been shown to be effective at killing blood cancer cells, such as leukemia and lymphoma. NKT cell therapy may be particularly useful for the treatment of relapsed or refractory blood cancers that are resistant to standard treatments.
· Autoimmune diseases: NKT cells play a role in regulating the immune system, and may be involved in the development of autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis. NKT cell therapy may be a promising new approach for treating these conditions by modulating the immune system.
· Infectious diseases: NKT cells are involved in the immune response to viral and bacterial infections.
What is the difference between NK cells and NKT cells?
NK cells (natural killer cells) and NKT cells (natural killer T cells) are both types of immune cells that play important roles in the body's defense against infections and cancer. However, there are several key differences between these two cell types:
· Antigen recognition: NK cells recognize and kill cells that are infected with viruses or have become cancerous, but they do not require the presence of a specific antigen to do so. NKT cells, on the other hand, recognize antigens presented by a specialized type of immune cell called an antigen-presenting cell.
· Function: NK cells primarily act as first-line defenders against viral infections and tumor cells by directly killing them or releasing cytokines that activate other immune cells. NKT cells, on the other hand, play a role in both innate and adaptive immunity, and are involved in regulating immune responses by producing cytokines.
· Cell surface markers: NK cells express CD56 and/or CD16 on their cell surface, while NKT cells express both T cell markers (such as CD3) and NK cell markers (such as CD56 and/or CD16).
• T cell receptor: NKT cells have a specialized T cell receptor (TCR) that allows them to recognize and respond to lipid antigens presented by antigen-presenting cells, while NK cells do not have TCRs.
Overall, while both NK cells and NKT cells play important roles in immune defense, they differ in their antigen recognition, function, cell surface markers, and TCR expression.
Benefits of NKT cell therapy
NKT (natural killer T) cell therapy is an emerging immunotherapy that involves the use of NKT cells to target and kill cancer cells. Some of the benefits of NKT cell therapy include:
· Specificity: NKT cells are able to specifically target cancer cells, while leaving healthy cells unharmed. This means that NKT cell therapy may have fewer side effects than traditional cancer treatments.
· Efficiency: NKT cells have been shown to be highly effective at killing cancer cells in preclinical studies. This suggests that NKT cell therapy could be a powerful new tool for cancer treatment.
· Versatility: NKT cells have the ability to recognize a broad range of cancer types, including solid tumors and blood cancers. This versatility makes NKT cell therapy a promising option for a wide range of cancer patients.
· Combination potential: NKT cell therapy can be combined with other cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy, to enhance their effectiveness.
· Long-term effects: NKT cells can persist in the body for long periods of time after treatment, which may lead to sustained cancer control.